Tuesday 3 March 2009

Music and ICT...Is ICT a crucial component within the music curriculum?? What d'ya reckon??!!

Looking back a few weeks at the lecture we had on music and ICT, I thought I would add my comments as I found the concept of combining the two quite interesting! Until this lecture I hadn't actually come across ICT being used as such a fundamental resource in a music lesson. Although I enjoyed the session I did have a few hesitations at using ICT as the basis for the music sessions. I do believe that ICT can enhance children's learning in a whole range of areas, but is it wise to incorporate ICT in absolutely everything?? It will get to the point, which it almost already has, where we are so dependant on ICT, that we forget the natural more simple elements in life. My experience of music lessons have always been based around sheet music, composing through experimenting with different instruments, rhythms and singing/clapping along to good ol' fashioned pianos and gee-tars!! There has always been a significant amount of group interaction when it came to music lessons and performances in which we could proudly participate in. I'm not against ICT being used in music to enhance it, however I just feel that putting too much emphasis on ICT in this area endangers us of directing the focus away from practically engaging with the resources music has to offer!...What d'ya reckon??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment